PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sing unto the Lord

“But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.” Psalm 59:16 KJV

This verse goes along with my morning ritual I think.  In the morning we should sing of God's power. . .His power to provide for us and keep us.  How do we sing of His power?  Should we not sing of what He has done for us and praise him?

Here's my take on this verse, this is totally my own and you definitely do NOT have to agree with me here, in fact I'm fine if we agree to disagree. :) 

If we have troubles or if we have days filled with blessings, we should praise God and shower him with our love.  He showers us with His blessings whether we see them or not.  Should we mumble our praise to God?  Should we whisper "Thank you God for watching over me" under our breathe as we start our day?  My answer is a big resounding NO!!

We should start our day with a big smile on our face and joy in our hearts because we were allowed to wake up on Earth(ok so heaven would be a better place, but bear with me).  We should start our day off singing our praises to God.  My day starts with a song that makes me think of all the reasons I have to praise God.  See my post on that song Here.  It makes me say Thank you God for letting me have another day to praise you.  Thank you God for giving me trials and tribulations because it means You are with me and will be beside me through them all.

Yeap like I said this is my take on this verse and it may be a bit far fetched, but this is what it said to me.  Verses are great in that they can say totally different things to people depending on what that person needs to hear. 

And now a picture to show two of those reasons I have for thanking God daily.  Here are the two youngest cuties helping me read the paper last Sunday evening. . .


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment