PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 24, 2012

30 Day Fitness Challenge -Day 4


Challenge 1:  To set an alarm to go off every hour so that we'd take the time to stretch or walk around.  Okay so I did not do this.  I did however take the time to stretch out and move if I happened to see that I'd been sitting for a while.  Yesterday was laundry day so most of my day was spenting washing cloths, hanging them on the clothes line and bringing them in.

Challenge 2:  Strength Training Challenge which has us doing 12 reps of each of the following exercises:  squats, lunges, push ups, one arm rows, lateral arm raises, hammer bicep curls, tricep extensions, superhumans, and seated rotations for abs.  I managed to do them all, but not all at the same time.  Being a mommy with 8 kids it seemed that as soon as I sat down to start one of the exercises that one of the kids needed me for something. 

Challenge 3:  Flexibility Challenge.  They called these yoga moves, but these are all stretch moves I'd done before.  Here are those stretches; hip flexor stretch, hamstring stretch, calf stretch, wide arm chest stretch, and full side stretch.  Like I said these are all stretches I did in high school.  I don't think of them as yoga.  I have never done yoga and won't because of the meditation aspect.

Challenge 4:  Nutrition Challenge.  This challenge had us heading to our cabinets/refrigerator and picking up something that we eat regularly and then studying the label.  I picked up the yogurt that I use in my breakfast smoothies.  It's an organic whole milk yummy good for you kind.  Plain of course.  If you're interested in the name and such comment and I'll let you know.  I get it in a big tub from my Azure coop.

Challenge 5:  Mind/Body Challenge.  This involved totally relaxing and contracting the body one muscle group at a time.  I did not do this.  I did spend a few extra minutes praying and reading my body today so I think my mind was taken care of! 

Food Journal:  I had a smoothie for breakfast(fruit smoothie this time with just added spinach), morning snack with the kids was oranges, lunch consisted of strawberries, cheese slices, apple slices and celery(with peanut butter for both), cucumber slices, and some Crunchmaster Multi Grain crackers.  The kids afternoon snack was totally unhealthy. . . . I gave them each 5 of the mini marshmallows while I made some rice krispie treats.  Supper was leftover grilled meats(hamburger, kielbasa, and steak) with potato salad, coleslaw, and cottage cheese.  No buns were used for the meat.

You can see Kandi's post over at Gluten Free For Jen by going here.

You can read about what I've been doing previously by going to these links:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. darling blog here! i love those challenges! i need to try it. found you via the blog hopxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do this challenge...I need to get in shape! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete