PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, June 9, 2012

30 Day Fitness Challenge Day 20



Wow, day 20 has come and gone.  Only 10 more days in this challenge!

Active Challenge:  Take the stairs.  Take the stairs when you could use an elevator, etc.  Well, I didn't go anywhere that I had a choice of using or not using stairs.  I did however, go up and down ours for 10 minutes which was their suggested time.

Exercise Challenge:  Interval Training:  Here is what they asked us to do.
  1. Begin with a 5-10 minute warm up at an easy pace.
  2. For 30 seconds: Increase the intensity (speed, incline or both) until you're working at around Level 8 or 9 on the Perceived Exertion Scale. This is a very high intensity that should leave you breathless. If you're not comfortable at this level, just work as hard as you can.
  3. For 1 minute: Lower the intensity back down to a Level 4 or 5.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 six times (total time: 9 minutes)
  5. For 3 minutes: Exercise at a medium pace (Level 5-6)
  6. For 1 minute: Increase the intensity (speed, incline or both) until you're working at around Level 7-8.
  7. For 1 minute: Lower the intensity back down to a Level 4 or 5.
  8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 six times (total time: 12 minutes)
  9. For 3 minutes: Exercise at a medium pace (Level 5-6)
  10. Cool down for 3-5 minutes of light activity.
I'm not sure that I got my levels exactly where they wanted, but I did do this today!

Flexibility Challenge:   2 Parts today: 
1) stretch for at least 5 minutes after your cardio workout--I stretched for 5 minutes before and after
2)  do some Yoga exercises.   I didn't do those because I don't do yoga.

Nutritional challenge:  For each meal we were supposed to eat the most nutrient dense foods first.  So for breakfast I had a bowl of hot cereal(Bob's Red Mill gluten and wheat free 10 grain cereal).  Lunch was scrambled eggs(I added onion, green pepper, and salsa to mine).  Supper we had barbecue chicken done in the crock pot, potato salad or lettuce salad, and strawberries.

Mind/Body Challenge:  Spend at least 2 minutes belly breathing.  I did do this.  It made me even more tired, lol, it was unfortunately done while laying in bed right before going to sleep.

Don't forget to check out Kandi's post at Gluten Free For Jen.  Also look up the past days for more exercise ideas.

Day 1 Day 16
Day 2 Day 17
Day 3 Day 18
Day 4 Day 19
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15 Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! This looks like something we all need!

    ReplyDelete